From getting cash loans to using online researching tools, there is no better time than the present day to be buying a car. The days of taking a guess-timate and going by your gut feeling, when you took a leap of your own faith and judgement, when buying a car are gone. Here are some tricks and tips to buying a second hand car and making sure that you are getting the most out of it.
- Research and history. Spending a 100 dollars or so through reputable companies online can give you an amazing history of any car, such as what accidents it was in, how many speeding fines, and even how many parking tickets it has accumulated. Push your researching company to the limit. Log books to prove a car’s history can be verified in a matter of hours and is only a few clicks away.
- Buyers market. The fact is that we live in a buyers market. The consumer is number one. There are a multitude of places that you can find the car that you want, from private auctions, online auctions, online private advertising sites, and second hand car dealerships. I have been tracking several cars out of interest through all of these options. It is definitely a buyers market. If you really want to find out go into any second-hand car dealer and watch them bend over backwards to get your business.
- Having your cake and eating it too. Don’t let people make you believe that you are not entitled, or can’t in real terms, have the best of both worlds in today’s market. As a consumer you have many rights and choices due to market forces. A perfect example is that of cash loans that allow you to use the equity that you have accrued in them. Whether it be for personal or business use, this is an excellent way to buy what you would like now, and build up equity in your repayments if you so choose. This has become very normal in a variety of loans due to the market place becoming more competitive. You keep your own cash, get your car, and build up equity (money that you can use again if you wish) in your loan with every repayment. I call that having your cake and eating it too.
- Physical checks. With home and location services available anywhere, it does not matter where your potential buy is. You can surprise the owner with a thorough and on the spot check of the vehicle at standards similar to that of any garage. Keep your physical check of the car unbiased by using an agent who we will be unknown to the current owner. Remember every document you receive from any company that you have paid for, makes them liable. Always know your rights.
- The laws. Consumer protection and the laws to keeping a car roadworthy are clearer and more defined than they have ever been. A certificate pertaining to roadworthy-ness is one of the more sensible and consumer protectionist laws that any government has introduced. This raised the bar on minimum requirements at the point of sale of cars. Make it your minimum standard.