To most foreigners, they opt Singapore among other countries when they seek for an employment since they find the country as an attractive domicile to build and stabilize a permanent career. Hence, the given facts about Singapore’s way of living makes every foreigner question the following queries:
- Is it easy for foreigners living outside the outskirts of Singapore to find a job here?
- Where will I start when looking for a job in Singapore?
Looking for a job in a foreign country like Singapore is not easy, especially when you are just a venturesome individual just trying your luck in an extraneous place. It will surely be a nerve-racking experience for you, and at some point, you will lose hope in the process.
Here are some guidelines and suggestions that will certainly help you when you’re on the lookout for a job in Singapore.
- Make sure you are eligible to work in Singapore. The first thing you should consider before sending your applications to different employers is to identify the specific requirements that you’ll be needing when you work in Singapore. You should know that there are different kinds of work permits and work passes that you should consider to be eligible to work in Singapore.
- Delve into your Job Sector in Singapore. Conducting a deep research before exerting efforts in applying for a job is highly recommended. You should know what are the in-demand jobs and positions that are available. The best way to ensure yourself a possible job is to look for a profession that are on the strategic and skills list. By doing this, you are improving your employment prospects and at the same time, you will be well-informed to the professions that will be in high demand in the future.
- Don’t be afraid to apply. Job availabilities can be found on platforms that are intended for job hunters; one is through job online websites, while the other is by means of newspaper postings. Either of the two (2) platforms will surely aid you in your application phase, just make sure that you have sought enough information about the job and the position you are eyeing on. Lastly, don’t be afraid to apply.
- The “waiting game” has commenced. Applying for a job position entails days and weeks of waiting for the employer to get right back to you. As a matter of fact, when you apply a job in Singapore, the “waiting game” can roughly last to 2 weeks until 2 months.
- Success! The long wait is finally over. You have been contacted by the employer, telling you that you have made it into the cut.
Upon your acceptance into the company, you will be offered a job offer and contract that will only last for about 3-5 days. Examine the paperwork given to you and make sure that it complies with the requirements you need for your employment permit.
- Apply for a working visa. This is the right time to apply for your working visa. Applying for a working visa in Singapore can be done through online application, thus, it will be an easy for you to apply for it. Just remember that there are several types of working visa that has different purposes. Make sure you apply and get the right kind of visa.
We all know that Singapore is one of the fast developing countries across the Globe because of its rapid advancement in terms of financial and economic state. For this reason, the Merlion City is appended as an expensive city to live in, that’s why HDBs in Singapore are created to lessen the citizen’s expenditures.
There are no shortcuts in acquiring a job in Singapore. Seeking one requires a lot of time, effort, and patience. In addition, remember that if you didn’t succeed in procuring a job, use your time in re-educating yourself by means of attending free lectures or getting yourself enrolled in school with a new course.
About the author:
Katrina is your average gal living inside the metro who has passion for writing, travel and photography. She admires nature at its finest and always wanted to become one of them. Dreaming to have the Cinderella life one day, humming with the birds, dancing with the clouds.